We’re looking for a talented and ambitious senior engineer to join our growing practice in Sheffield.
Applications have now closed.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects from concept through to construction. Our projects range from whole-house transformations and low-energy retrofits to one-off houses and small commercial schemes.
They’ll also take a key role helping to develop our young practice into a thriving and highly successful business. They’ll have the exciting opportunity to work closely with the Directors to help shape the practice and continue our growth.
As a small practice, we’re looking for our next team member to do their best work in our friendly and collaborative environment. We’re looking for someone with a broad range of experience that thrives from providing a high quality service to our clients whilst bringing structures to life.
We’re looking for a Chartered Engineer with the following attitude and experience:
- An interest in sustainability and respect for the environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to build good relationships with clients, consultants and team members
- Evidence of designing elegant, efficient and cost effective structures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestones with great time management
- A dedicated team player able to manage multiple projects and the work of others
- Proficient using engineering software and Microsoft Office Applications (or similar). Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Good sketching and model making skills and able to communicate technical details.
- A full driving licence
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience at a small to medium-sized practice
- Knowledge of designing structures for projects aiming for the Passivhaus standard.
- Experience leading structural projects at all work stages
- Good sketching skills and able to communicate technical details
- Experience of producing technical drawings using 2D CAD software
- The drive and ambition to work towards becoming an associate.
- A competitive salary of £37,000 – £46,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contributions in line with the statutory minimum requirements
- 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays rising to a maximum of 32 days as a result of long service
- Up to 2 weeks’ company sick pay
- Christmas shut down
- Professional institution membership fees paid
- Support with training to meet your personal and professional development goals
- Use of company e-bike for work travel
Ideally this is a full time position but we will consider part time working for the right candidate.
We’re keen to hear from committed candidates even if you don’t necessarily meet all the skills and experience listed above. The right candidate is motivated, able to adapt and passionate about helping our practice to flourish. If you’re ready for a fresh start we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Applications have now closed.
JAM Structural Design Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies, robots or third-party applications, please.