We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Associate Structural Engineer to join our growing practice in Sheffield.
Applications have now closed.
We’re looking for an Associate Structural Engineer to join our expanding multi-discipline Architects/Engineers practice in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will be design-focused and have an affinity with good architecture. You’ll also be looking to drive your career forward with our dynamic, ambitious business and be able to satisfy the following:
- Educated to MEng/MSc-level or BEng in Structural, Civil or Architectural Engineering.
- Chartered with IStructE and/or ICE.
- At least 3 years post chartership experience.
The successful candidate will work on a range of projects from concept through to construction. Our current workload is a mixture of both new-build and refurbishment developments across Sheffield and South Yorkshire. We work with both developers and private clients with project values up to £2million.
You will take a key role helping to develop our young practice into a thriving and highly successful business. This will be an exciting opportunity to work closely with the directors to help shape the practice and continue our growth.
Our ideal candidate will have the following attitude and experience:
- An interest in sustainability and respect for the environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to build good relationships with clients, consultants and team members
- Evidence of designing elegant, efficient and cost effective structures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and milestones with great time management
- A dedicated team player able to manage multiple projects
- Proficient using engineering software and standard office applications.
- Ability to quickly learn new software.
- A full driving licence
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous experience at a small to medium-sized practice
- Knowledge of designing structures for projects aiming for the Passivhaus standard.
- Experience leading structural projects at all work stages
- Experience of supervising or supporting junior team members
- Good sketching skills which you use to communicate technical details
- Experience of producing technical drawings using 2D CAD software
- The drive and ambition to work towards a leadership role
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contributions
- 28 days of annual leave including bank holidays rising to a maximum of 32 days as a result of long service
- Up to 2 weeks company sick pay
- Christmas shut down
- Professional institution membership fees paid
- Support with training to meet your personal and professional development goals
- Use of company e-bike for work travel
Ideally this is a full time position but we will consider part time working for the right candidate.
We’re keen to hear from committed candidates even if you don’t necessarily meet all the skills and experience listed above. The right candidate is motivated, able to adapt and passionate about helping our practice to flourish. If you’re ready for a fresh start we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Applications have now closed.
JAM Structural Design Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies, robots or third-party applications, please.